Avocado & Kale Salad
There are a myriad of ways to enjoy an Avocado. Smash it on toast with an egg on top, or just scoop it straight out of the skin. There is no wrong way to enjoy an avocado but this is probably our favorite way!
This Avocado, Kale & Chickpea salad is super easy to make and can easily be adjusted depending on individual taste. We like the extra garlic clove for a bolder taste but yo do you! We also prefer the Lacinato Kale since the leaves are a bit more tender but again, whatever you prefer.
- 1 avocado halved
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, stems removed and discarded, leaves coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice divided
- 1 to 2 cloves minced garlic depending on taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- Pinch of flaky sea salt
- In a small bowl, mix together the 1 table spoon Olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice along with the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add the coarsely chopped Kale leaves into a large bowl and massage with the balance of the olive oil.
- Dice the avocado into 3/4” cubes and add to the bowl
- Add the can of chick peas and toss together.
- Add the dressing to the bowl and toss together
- Toast the pine nut and drizzle on top
- Add a pinch of flaky sea salt on top to taste.
| Posted on August 26 2022