It's the perfect comfort food to go with your perfect comfort clothing. Pick up a legging or two and pick up a perfect recipe that you can prepare in your new legging or jogger. yay!
• 2–3 Tablespoons olive oil
• 2 – 15 oz. cans whole coconut milk
• 3 gloves garlic, minced
• 3 sprigs fresh thyme
• 1 sprig fresh rosemary
• 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
• 4 cups mixed vegetables - You can use a frozen mixed medley from a bag:)
• 1 package of cornbread mix
• 1 chia or flax egg*
• olive oil
*To make a flax or chia egg, combine 1 tablespoon ground flax or chia and 3 tablespoons of water. Mix and allow to set until gelatinous. (Like an egg!)
• In a large pot, heat oil to medium and add minced garlic. Sauté 3-4 minutes, until fragrant.
• Add coconut milk, thyme, rosemary, nutritional yeast, salt pepper, and white wine vinegar. Stir or whisk to combine and continue cooking until the sauce thickens and starts to reduce. About 10-12 minutes.
• Add vegetables and stir again.
• Prepare cornbread and set aside. We used store-bought, but if you’re feeling ambitious, homemade will work too!
• Prepare ramekins or baking dish. Spray with olive oil. I also recommend lining a baking sheet with foil to place the pot pies on during baking.
• Portion filling into the ramekins, filling them about 3/4 full.
• Spoon cornbread mix over top. It’s ok if they spill over – messy is still tasty!
• Bake 25 minutes or until the crust has risen and is golden brown.